Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weird Problems? We've Got Weird Solutions.


So I don't know if it's just me, but I used to run into all of these bizarre household issues and until I went on Pinterest, I didn't realize I was the only one. I love creative cheap easy solutions so here are a few that I had around my house.

First, I have three cats that love to sleep on my laundry hamper bottom. The problem is that hair gets all over things that are handwash only and so the hair never comes off. Easy fix: Tie a knot in the bag.

Second issue: we have swords and things that kids should never be allowed to get to by themselves, and don't want to use a small easy-to-steal case. Solution? One closet dedicated to this where we switched out the doorknob with a deadbolt. The bonus with this kind is that the inside of the deadbolt is a hand-turned switch, not a key so it's not possible to get locked inside.

Third issue: I cannot stand when my bra straps won't stay up. I am also not willing to pay for the plastic thing that doesn't look comfortable and isn't adjustable. Solution? Tie a ribbon on the straps to hold them together. You could probably do something prettier with buttons or snaps but I'm lazy and these aren't exactly bras I wear to show off for my husband lol. The ribbon on here cost like a dollar and took me ten minutes to do all of my bras.

Have any other weird problems? I'm always up for a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment