Sunday, December 18, 2011

So I'm blogging again

I decided to start blogging again. It's mostly to feed my need to be artsy, quirky and sometimes crafty. The things I love the most on pinterest are the things I never would have thought of. Maybe the solutions that have worked in my house could work in yours. Who knows. If nothing else, you can read about the times I try and fail. They make me laugh anyway. :) If this recession has done nothing else, it's taught me how to make do, fix rags into slightly-better-than-rags, and enjoy the little things. I can't afford to go to the movies every weekend or out to eat all the time, so I spend my time fixing what isn't entirely broken, and just livening the place up. I love bright colors and kooky, quirky, unexpected design choices. I love the things I see that I never would have thought of. There are so many beautiful things out there. A professor I had once said, "There's fast, cheap and good. You can pick two." The nice thing with DYI is sometimes you can have all three. The other thing I love about design is you only have to design for a resale if you are planning to sell your home. Otherwise, you can make it your own. You can always change a room color. You can always dig up a flower and move it somewhere else. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment