Sunday, February 19, 2012

Big Ideas

So I doubt I'm the only one like this, but sometimes I get big ideas that sound awesome and then the execution just kind of falls flat.  One such idea would be the idea to make a card for my husband for Valentine's Day.  It was supposed to look like a heart on fire and be neat but instead, it looked like a toddler made it, as the mod podge was not working with me.  I ended up scotch taping it which only made it worse.  Then when I went to put my mod podge away I found the glue.  LOL.  Oh well.  My husband is very sweet and he appreciated it just the same. 

There are other ideas around my house that are similar--either unfinished or I threw them out because they didn't work like I thought they would.  Often I am impulsive and the idea is more fun than the project.  I wanted to paint bible verses on my walls (because paint is cheaper than wall art).  I got started--I have "And they never ceased singing" over my piano--but it's supposed to be the whole thing, Revelations 4:8.  At least I stopped at a point that makes sense.  It could be worse--"And they never cease sin."  :)  That is definitely a project that is more fun thinking of than doing.  Drawing and painting letters is pretty tedious.  The same is true for sewing curtains.  I like the idea more than the doing it.   Buying the fabric and designing are fun, but not the actual sewing.  Luckily my husband is patient with these projects as long as I don't buy new stuff until the old stuff is finished (which just means that I won't be and haven't been buying new stuff lol). 

Some of my other projects I will have to wait until this spring to see if they are working out as they deal with flowers.  My daffodils that I transplanted are clearly coming up so that worked, but we shall see about the surprise lilies and the dead-tree-plantings.  There will be daylilies and surprise lilies all around the tree stump and annuals growing out of the top and cascading down (it will be even better if I can get it to look like there is a bucket pouring a waterfall of flowers, but we'll see).  I can't wait!  I love flowers in my yard. 


The other project which is not finished (I have to move the bed to get the ladder in there) is hanging icicle lights in the bedroom.  They are SO beautiful and romantic, and where they reflect on the TV and window, it looks like stars or a city skyline.  I am super happy with it.  I will be super happier when I am able to finish haha.  You just put hooks in the corner between the wall and ceiling about a foot or foot and a half apart and hang.  You'll want an extension cord to go from the ceiling to the outlet. Super easy!

1 comment:

  1. where did you get your icicle lights? what’s the brand?

    ReplyDelete